5 Films You Need To See…
Here at Laythams we are film fanatics. There’s nothing quite like a bag of warm popcorn, the slurp of a straw, and a phenomenal film. ‘The Movies’ are always such a good place for a date. Many of our first dates in fact. We’re not sure what’s better though: the film itself…or the conversations after. The ones that begin with “do you remember that bit when…?” So here are the top five films that are out at the moment.
- Deadpool – We’ve seen this one and were crying with laughter. It has a little horror, a little romance, a little action and a heck of a lot of humour. There are some ‘icky’ bits. And some adult moments. But it features a not-super-hero (Deadpool), Stan Lee and two low budget X-Men. What could go wrong?
- Grimsby – So you have a pro. A man with a mission. Trained all his life to be what he is. And then you have his long-lost-maybe-dropped-on-his-head brother. Who intends to never let him go. Yeah. Fantastic. A comedy that deserves to be watched.
- Zoolander 2 – It’s back and funnier than ever. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller play two male models investigating assassinations caused by selfies. Yep, you heard us right.
- The Revenant – Hugh Glass is mauled by a bear and left for dead by his own hunting team. He’s not having a good day. This film has been received well by critics and certainly looks the part.
- Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Road Chip – The title is certainly amusing. We’re sure this is the sort of film your kids will love and you will enjoy (secretly of course).
Why not treat yourself and your loved ones? Go see a movie. There is always a bit of magic to be found in the cinema.