6 Quick and Easy Recipes for Your Holiday
Here at Laythams, we recognise that you don’t want to spend too much time faffing about with food. You want meals that mean you get to bash it on and leave it for a bit. You’re on holiday, you want to be outside or chilling indoors, not slaving away over the stove! So we’ve rounded up some really faff-free (we mean easy) meal plans for you and your brood.
1) Chicken nuggets, chips and beans. It doesn’t get much easier than that. It’s a 15-20 minute cooking time, barely any prep, yet still oh so delicious. If you’re wanting a more adult chicken nugget, you could have breaded chicken breast instead, or even the good old chicken kiev.
2) Toad-in-the-hole, mash and gravy. More for those rainy days, this is a little more complicated. You can either whip up the Yorkshire mix or grab ready-made pudding from the supermarket. Bash in some sausages, smash some potatoes, stir some gravy and Bob’s your uncle.
3) Spaghetti Bolognaise. Yum. Imagine it, soft strands of pasta bathed in a homemade (or not) mince and tomato sauce. It’s what dreams are made of.
4) Jacket Potatoes. Yes, I know. The fillings are often a cause of arguments. Tuna, salad, coleslaw, cheese, beans, who knows how you can appease everyone with this meal. But it doesn’t half taste delicious.
5) Chicken korma and rice. Cooking sauces have become much more accessible and come in jars. This means that you can have an Indian meal with out the added hassle of buying all the spices. Throw in some naan bread and poppadoms, maybe some chutney, and you have some fine cuisine indeed.
6) Pie, roast potatoes and veg. Again an easy meal to just chuck on. No one expects you to make a pie from scratch, worry not. You can buy ready prepared pies. Of course if you did want to make your own pie, we’d recommend steak and ale. Yum.
We hope this list gives you some inspiration for meal times. You don’t have to spend a ridiculous amount on fine dining in order to have a brilliant holiday.