Five Indoor Hobbies
This weather isn’t exactly screaming for you to spend your days outside. The rain is cold, and virtually constant. Not to mention the vicious wind! But here at Laythams we want you to avoid boredom at all costs. We’ve gathered some ideas for you to make the most of the indoor times. Without further ado: here are the top five indoor hobbies for you to make the most of your spare time, with a little creativity thrown in to the mix.
1. Painting or drawing – is there anything more inspirational than an overcast horizon? And if you’re not sure about your skill or can’t think of anything to draw or paint, you can always get a ‘by numbers’ kit, which does a lot of the work for you.
2. Writing – sitting with your desk in front of a window and listening to the cadence of a biro on lined paper. It is one of the more relaxing parts of rainy days. Heck, what do you think we’re doing now?
3. Knitting – this hobby has many benefits. Firstly, think of all the warm creations you can make. Hats, gloves, scarves, maybe even a cardigan some day. So break out those needles and practise for your days as a grandparent.
4. Puzzles – putting things together can be very cathartic. Even when you come to realise that the last piece is nowhere to be found.
5. Baking – not only do you get to bask in your creative genius (with a few recipes nicked from a website or two) you get to eat cake. Fill the whole house with the smell of baked goods. And enjoy the things you make.
So there you have it, five suggestions for you to keep dry and entertained during this wet season. Many of these are also family friendly. Why not spend the day baking with your children?